Ysgol Henry Richard Campws Uwchradd - School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been’ looked after’ continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will bring about changes quickly for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
1. To identify the target groups of pupils, their characteristics and learning needs
2. To plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources in order to close gaps and promote inclusion and equal opportunities
3. To monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2014-15, Ysgol. Henry Richard Campws Uwchradd was provided with a PDG allocation of £25,704.
At Ysgol Henry Richard Campws Uwchradd we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Ceredigion Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We have used the available funding to:
• enhance teaching and learning by providing programmes of support through HAFAN, ASDAN, Mentoring Programme and Young Carers programme. .
• provide sustainable intervention and support programmes that are proven to have the greatest impact – induction programme, literacy intervention, numeracy intervention.. Behaviour interventions,feedback, meta-cognition and self regulation, one to one tuition, peer tutoring, small group tuition, social and emotional learning,
• provide specific, high quality training for school staff related to bridging the gap and inclusion based themes.
• refine data tracking systems to identify these learners’ needs, track their progress towards targets, and to monitor the impact of interventions effectively.
• work in partnership with other schools, the community and other organisations- Skillstart, Salon Services, Gwersyll yr Urdd Llangrannog, Youth Service, Suzanne Ryder Photography.
• provide intervention to improve attendance of target group by providing and staffing bespoke timetables and providing in - house catch - up programmes.
• support learners and their families by providing items/resources/experiences to promote equal opportunities.
• Improve the quality of provision and outcomes for pupils in the target groups, and to intervene effectively and in timely fashion if progress is unsatisfactory.
Our plan, which includes details of how we’re spending the Grant, is available via this link-